Using internet-based platforms for education is new for many young people and their parents. Red Balloon of the Air provides online and face-to-face learning for children who have been bullied or experienced some other trauma in their lives. So safeguarding is – and always has been – its number one priority.
On these pages, staff share their top tips for safer learning online.
Here are some online safety resources:
- What are the issues? from UK Safer Internet Centre
- UK Safer Internet Centre, for reporting harmful content
- Educate Against Hate for safeguarding from radicalisation, building resilience to extremism, and promoting shared values
- The National Crime Agency’s Child Exploitation and Online Protection Command for advice on reporting online abuse
- Key topics from Childnet International
- Parent resource sheet from Childnet International