Red Balloon of the Air
Hours: Two to eight hours per week, between 9 am and 4 pm. Volunteer to decide specific hours although being around on a Thursday would be ideal (even if only once per month)
Salary: This is a volunteer role so there is no financial payment. However, we will provide opportunities for training, social events and other volunteering opportunities and the volunteer will be notified of all internal and external paid job vacancies when they arise.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining the Willow Lodge gardens.
- Over time, possibly supporting individual or small groups of young people who wish to learn gardening skills and/or find enjoyment from gardening/tidying. This would be under the supervision of a paid member of staff.
- Acting as a role model to our young people.
- The volunteer would not be expected to carry out the same duties as a paid member of staff.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- An interest and basic level of aptitude in gardening.
- Reliable, organised, approachable, happy outdoors.
- Interested in supporting students who find social engagement challenging.
- Happy to work alone and with young people.
- Good communication skills, especially with young people.
The details of this advertisement are included in the role description below.