Can you believe summer is nearly over? Before you know it, the mornings will be cooler, the days will be shorter and that means it’s time to go back to school!
No matter if you’re headed to mainstream school or to one of our Red Balloon provisions, it can be hard to leave the summer fun behind. At Red Balloon, we know how difficult it can be once you get into a routine, so we’ve compiled a list of tips to help make going back to school a little easier.
Preparing to Go Back to School
- Start going to bed earlier. Warm summer nights make it easy to stay up late, but it’s a good idea to start heading to bed sooner as the school year gets closer. That way you aren’t totally wiped when you start having to get up earlier to head to school.
- Acknowledge the nerves! It’s totally normal to be nervous about going back to school. Find healthy ways to cope with those jitters! That might mean talking with a mentor, journaling, exercising or venting to a friend. And remember that everyone else is likely just as nervous as you are.
- Find the positives. There are so many things to anticipate as a new year begins. There are friends to make, lessons to enjoy, and new experiences to look forward to. This new term just might surprise you.
- Make preparation fun! Maybe it’s organising your stationery, picking out your first day of school outfit or planning a fun after-school celebration. Having something fun to look forward to can help ease the nerves.
- Plan some downtime. Starting school again or just changing up your routine can take a lot of energy. Make sure you plan some time to recharge and let yourself adjust to a new schedule.
Going back to school is tough, there’s no denying it. But preparing well helps make any transition a little easier. Staff are excited to hear about all the cool summer activities you got up to and will do their best to make coming back as fun and engaging as possible.