Red Balloon Worthing
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Hours: Full or part-time, flexible, term time only (8.30 – 4pm)
Salary: £30,000 per annum full-time salary pro-rata part-time
Effective Date: October 2022/January 2023 or earlier if possible
Red Balloon Worthing will be the newest Centre within the Red Balloon Educational Trust family and we are seeking an inspirational Maths teacher to join our new Centre
Teaching at Red Balloon takes a special kind of teacher. A teacher who loves to take the time to really get to know their students and to be able to use this knowledge to create imaginative and creative lesson plans to suit their needs and interests. To excel in this role you will enjoy teaching individuals within ultra-small groups and feel comfortable being a “real person” before you are a teacher without having to hide behind institutional rules to get the best out of students. If this sounds like you then you may have just found the most rewarding teaching job you ever had.
As a Centre Teacher, you will be confident to deliver the core curriculum (KS3 and KS4) to our students in either 1:1 or small group setting.
Many Red Balloon colleagues describe our work as the purest form of teaching they have experienced. This is because of the flexibility to start with the interests of the young person through our “negotiated curriculum”.
We are proud to be a niche provider and celebrate the flexibility this brings to our practice. Our teachers, though subject specialists, enjoy cross-curricular education and use every opportunity to develop a student’s love of learning.
- Prepare and collaborate in the preparation of lessons, resources and schemes of work for GCSE and other courses, such as ASDAN, for KS3 and KS4 learners
- Teach and facilitate one-to-one and small-group negotiated learning sessions for young people in face-to-face environments
- Monitor, record and evaluate student progress to support and inform future planning
- Assist with delivering well-being sessions, PSHE and life skills curriculum and wider school life (if full-time)
To be considered for this role as a minimum you will need:
- To be QTS Qualified
- To be Qualified to Degree level in Maths
- To have the desire to create and develop an exceptional educational environment.
You can view the candidate pack below.
Please download an application pack for more detailed information. CVs are not accepted for this post.
- The deadline for applications is 4 September 2022
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview
Red Balloon Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon of the Air is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.