Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk
Number of roles: Two
Location: 76 Earlham Road, Norwich
Salary: Starting between £25,158 – £32,346 per annum, pro-rata, depending on qualifications and experience. The minimum starting salary for a Qualified Teacher is £30,549.
Start Dates and Hours
Role One: 6th November 2023 – 40 Hours Per Week
Role Two: 3rd January 2024 – 20 – 40 Hours Per Week
Do you possess a genuine passion for education, a steadfast dedication to nurturing young minds, and a deep commitment to not only fostering their academic growth but also prioritising their overall wellbeing? Whether you’re a seasoned professional boasting a wealth of teaching experience, or an enthusiastic novice armed with specialised subject knowledge, eager to embark on a rewarding educational voyage, our newly established centre in Norwich, Norfolk extends a warm invitation to both qualified educators and those aspiring to join our noble mission.
At Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk, we believe that every student deserves the opportunity to thrive, and we are dedicated to providing them with the guidance and support they need to reach their individual goals.
With a maximum student number of 20, as a Teaching Mentor you will teach small groups of students, or 1:1, face to face, while working alongside other staff to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with a core group of students, their families, and other professionals supporting them.
If you are ready to make a profound impact on the lives of our students and contribute to their educational success, we invite you to consider becoming a part of our dynamic team.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- By negotiating the curriculum, work with students 1:1 or in small groups, online or face to face to meet their learning objectives;
- Monitor student progress through regular assessment and feedback to inform future planning;
- Complete and submit registers for every session to meet commissioner requirements;
- Complete termly reports and records of achievements as required for each student and all other relevant paperwork in accordance with the required deadline submission dates or as requested;
- Provide feedback to parents and carers where necessary, and attend parent carer consultations to maintain positive relationships;
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- To be qualified to a degree level in a specialist subject
- Experience of working with Anxious and SEND young people
- Excellent IT skills and ability to deliver online and face to face lessons
- QTS status is desirable, but not essential
You can view a full job description and person specification below.
How to Apply
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
If you would like to apply for this role, though require a different format of application, such as large print or the opportunity to submit a video application or an application via an alternative method, please contact HR and Operations Lead via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07878 837 902 and we would be happy to arrange an alternative application method.
There are currently two Red Balloon Centres operating in Norfolk:
Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk (RBET – Norfolk) is relaunching our Earlham Road site as a new Centre, which will open in Autumn 2023 to help meet some of the demand in the area. The vacancy above is for the RBET – Norfolk Centre.
Red Balloon Norwich, which opened in 2006, moved location in 2022 and is currently located on Drayton Road. Red Balloon Norwich will not be able to answer any questions about the vacancy above as it is not for their Centre.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 8th of October 2023.
- Interviews will be held week commencing the Week commencing 16th October 2023
- There will be a one-stage, face to face interview process, where candidates will be asked to deliver a 5-minute presentation on “Your ethos of scaffolding for individual pupil needs”
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview.
Red Balloon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.