Student Wellbeing Therapist
Red Balloon Worthing
Location: Worthing, East Sussex
Hours: Up to 12 Hours per week, over 2 days, Term Time only
Salary: £26,000 FTE (£7,800 actual)
Start Date: As soon as possible
As a Student Well Being Therapist, you will deliver therapeutic wellbeing counselling sessions to students at Red Balloon Worthing, as well as participate in therapeutic group activity sessions alongside other staff to develop relationships with students. You will work closely with Red Balloon Worthing staff to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with students, their families and the professionals supporting them. You will work to ensure students have a positive experience in all areas of their provision at Red Balloon Worthing, including education, wellbeing, community engagement and transition support.
This role is based in our newly opened centre in Worthing, West Sussex and this role will play a key part in the development as we expand.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Deliver therapeutic wellbeing counselling sessions to students by means both face-to-face or online;
- Participate fully in therapeutic group activity sessions alongside other staff to develop relationships with students;
- Deliver support to students or families in crisis;
- On occasion, to facilitate online and face-to-face small-group sessions;
- Maintain professional notes after each session, in line with confidentiality policies;
- Work with other agencies (eg GPs, CAMHS, SENCOs etc.) in support of students’ needs;
- Work with each student to negotiate their interaction around our Wellbeing Framework;
To be considered for this role as a minimum you will need:
- Clinical/therapeutic qualification as a counsellor, psychologist, social worker, psychotherapist, or family therapist and be accredited or be working towards accreditation with a relevant professional body (e.g. BACP, BPS, or UKCP)
- Experience in working with young people and their families
- Specialised training or experience with students and adolescents
You can view a full job description and candidate pack below.
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
- The deadline for applications is midnight Sunday the 2nd of October
- Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date and will be held face-to-face on site.
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon of the Air is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or marital status.