Student Mentor and Activities Coordinator
Red Balloon Worthing
Location: Worthing, West Sussex
Hours: 40 Hours Per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
Salary: £23,000 Per Annum
Effective Date: As soon as possible for the right candidate
Do you have a creative mind and experience working with young people? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge where you will be making a difference in young people’s lives every day? Well, Red Balloon Worthings provision is growing, and we are looking for another Student Mentor and Activities Coordinator to join our team to support our students to re-engage with their peers and their communities, and to help build their self-confidence and social skills in a nurturing environment.
The role of Student Mentor and Activities Coordinator is a varied one where no two days will be the same. As a Mentor, you will build strong relationships with students at the Centre to ensure the students have a positive experience in all areas of their provision. As an Activities Coordinator, you will create a varied, fun and student-inspired activities programme to help students to build their confidence and reengage socially.
As a Mentor
- Develop a professional mentoring relationship with our young people to ensure they are supported during their time with Red Balloon Worthing
- Facilitate well-being sessions, physical activities and other educational activities as required each day
- Collaborate with our young people to identify their personal goals and aspirations
- Participate in outings and trips with the Red Balloon community;
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across the organisation to ensure students receive high-quality support and input to facilitate individual progression.
As an Activities Coordinator
- To dvelop and maintain a stimulating programme of activities for students
- To ensure the activities plan is in place at the start of each week and is regularly reviewed
- To liaise with the staff and parents/carers regarding the social side of students’ social engagement at the centre
To be considered for this role as a minimum you will need:
- Experience of working with young people in a professional capacity
- A calm and friendly approach
- To be good listener
- To be incredibly organised
- To be willing to undertake a range of activities as required
You can view the candidate pack below.
Job DescriptionDownload Now
Candidate PackDownload Here
Application FormDownload Now
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
- The deadline for applications is Friday the 24th of March at 12pm
- Shortlisting will be carried out on Friday the 24th of March
- Interviews will be held on the 29th of Match between 10am and 5pm
- All applicants will be advised if they have been shortlisted for an interview
Red Balloon Educational Trust is a Disability Confident employer.
If you would like to apply for this role, though require a different format of application, such as large print or the opportunity to submit a video application or an application via an alternative method, please contact HR and Operations Lead via 07878 837 902 and we would be happy to arrange an alternative application method.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, or marital status.