Science Teacher (Full-Time)
Red Balloon Reading
Hours: 40 hours- Working hours 8:30 am-4:30 pm. Staff may be expected to stay later in exceptional circumstances.
Salary: £25,000- £30,000 Dependent on experience and qualifications.
As a Science Teacher:
● Support students’ Science engagement as well as preparing students in receiving
qualifications in Science (GCSE, Functional Skills, Entry Level, AQA Awards, etc);
● Deliver lessons face-to-face, online or hybrid (face-to-face and online at the same time)
● Support the learning of Science in a way which re-engages learners, taking into account their
● To prepare science-based lessons for student support assistants to deliver;
● Design and implement an individualised learning programme for each student through
● Set up and maintain organised, coherent academic plans;
● Set up and maintain records of achievement for each student;
● Recognise and respond to the need to provide evidence of students’ progress;
● Organise and lead one subject-specific trip each year;
● Liaise with other staff members to plan and organise teaching and wellbeing activities;
● To work with the Exams Officer to ensure students are registered for the appropriate
● To work with SENCO to ensure lessons are appropriate for the ability of each student;
● To act as a ‘listener’ and mentor where appropriate;
● To consult with the Head of Centre or other named person regularly, discussing any
safeguarding concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions;
● To respond to any perceived need for in-service training.
You can view a full job description and candidate pack below.
Please download an application pack for more detailed information.
- The deadline for applications is Friday 1 July
- Interviews will take place during the week commencing 4 July
- The successful applicant(s) will be notified as soon as possible and start at the beginning of Autumn Term, 1 September, or soon thereafter