Red Balloon Reading
Location: Reading, 220 King Road, RG1 4JJ
Hours: 40 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (including 2 weeks non-contact).
We seek a full time KS3/4 Science Teacher (to include some Maths support).
The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching science and some maths on a one-to-one, small group basis. Responsibilities include designing and implementing a learning programme for each student, establishing coherent academic plans, recording achievement and liaising with other teachers to plan and organise teaching. Providing evidence of student progress is an important element of the role.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- teach Science in a way which re-engages learners, taking into account their own interests and needs as well as the demands of external accreditation;
- design and implement an individualised learning programme for each student through negotiation;
- oversee and develop formal qualifications available to students in your subject area (GCSE, functional skills, alternative award schemes)
- set up and maintain organised, coherent academic plans;
- set up and maintain records of academic and behavioural achievement for each student;
- recognise and respond to the need to provide evidence of students’ progress;
- liaise with other staff members to plan and organise teaching and well being activities;
- act as a tutor to a small group of students and help them to set targets and
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Degree level education
- To be a qualified or experienced teacher
- Show evidence of being suitable for working with children
- Understanding of bullying and its effects
- Understanding of the educational needs of children who may have mental health problems
- Knowledge of delivering Science curriculum to Key Stage 3 and 4 students.
- Experience of teaching Science in one-to-one situation and small-group
- Experience of dealing with bullying and its effects
- Experience of working with students to develop life/social skills
For further details, please download the application pack below.
Deadline for application forms is midday on Friday 6 November.
Interviews will take place week beginning 16 November. Start date will be discussed at interview.
If you have any queries, please contact Christina Pepper at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.