Red Balloon Cambridge
Hours: 16 hours (2 days) per week – times to be discussed, 38 weeks per year (including 2 weeks non-contact)
Salary: From £23,000 depending on experience
Effective date: January 2023
The purpose of this role is to teach Science to students with a range of abilities and challenges from year 7 to year 11.
As a member of the teaching team:
- help design and implement a personal learning programme for each student through
negotiation with the student and discussion with colleagues;
- maintain records of lessons, outcomes and progress for each student;
- advise and consult with colleagues, the Coordinators and others, discussing any concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions;
- contribute to whole staff assessments of students’ social and emotional progress;
- give feedback to parents and write achievement records for students as required, and attend parents’ consultations;
As a member of staff:
- abide by and support the philosophy of Red Balloon;
- co-operate with the other staff in the running of the Centre;
- respond to any perceived need for in-service training;
- attend staff meetings and INSET when possible.
You can view a full job description and candidate pack below.
- Experienced teacher/tutor (essential)
- Chemistry, Physics and/or Biology studied to A level at least (or equivalent) – (essential)
- Degree in Science(desirable)
- Qualified Teacher Status (desirable)
Please send the completed application form to email@example.com
For further details, please download the job description, person specification and application form for the relevant role. Please note: CVs cannot be accepted for this role.
- The closing date for applications is Thursday 8th December 2022
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 13th December
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to prepare two lesson plans for presentation to the panel. Please keep the interview date free.
Red Balloon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and an Enhanced DBS check.
Please let us know how you found out about the post.