English Teacher (qualified or unqualified)
Red Balloon Reading
Location: Kings Road, Reading
Hours: full time weekdays 8:30am – 4:30pm.
Salary: £22K – £30K Dependent on experience and qualifications
Start Date: as soon as possible
Summary of role
Red Balloon – Reading is a Learner Centre for the recovery of bullied children. We provide a safe environment for children who have experienced severe bullying, anxiety or other trauma. We aim to help rebuild their self esteem and to re-engage with learning.
Applications are welcome from non qualified teachers if they have the relevant experience (salary £22K – £26K). Primary educators are also welcome to apply.
What you will need to succeed
As English Teacher you will:
● Support students literacy as well as preparing students in receiving
qualifications in English (GCSE Language and Literature, Functional Skills,
Entry Level, AQA Awards, etc);
● Deliver lessons face-to-face, on-line or hybrid (face-to-face and online at the same time)
● Support the learning of English in a way which re-engages learners, taking into account their own interests;
● To prepare creative writing and literacy-based lessons for student support
assistants to deliver;
● Design and implement an individualised learning programme for each student through negotiation;
● Set up and maintain organised, coherent academic plans;
● Set up and maintain records of achievement for each student;
● Recognise and respond to the need to provide evidence of students’ progress;
● Liaise with other staff members to plan and organise teaching and well being activities;
● To work with the Exams Officer to ensure students are registered for the
● To work with SENCO to ensure lessons are appropriate for the ability of each student;
● To act as a ‘listener’ and mentor where appropriate;
The full job description and person specifications are available via the link below.
There is no formal close date for this role, applications are welcomed while the advert is still live on our website.
Red Balloon Reading is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon Reading is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.