Red Balloon Reading
Location: Reading, 220 King Road, RG1 4JJ
Hours: 24 hours per week – Contract length: 6 months
Salary: £6,600 per annum
Red Balloon Learner Centre-Reading provides a blended academic and therapeutic education to severely bullied/traumatised young people. We currently are looking for an Outreach Worker
The purpose of the role is to establish and maintain a positive relationship with a core group of students, their families, and the professionals supporting them. The students are identified as needing one-to-one support after a long period of self-exclusion from education for various reasons including anxiety due to Covid-19.
Key responsibilities of the role:
The work will cover student induction, non-formal education, mentoring, community engagement work and transition support for the next stage of a student’s education. Work will be face-to-face (which will involve travel). The role requires creativity, flexibility and commitment as the outreach provision develops to meet the needs of more young people.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Degree level education (Essential)
- Qualified or experienced teacher or qualified therapist (Preferable)
- To be suitable for work with children
- A clean driving licence (own transport necessary)
- Understanding of adolescent development, dealing with trauma, bullying and its effects
- Excellent IT skills
- To be a good communicator (written, spoken and online)
- To have good time management and organisation
- Experience of teaching or counselling, including one-to-one and small-group
- Experience of working with students who require additional support
For further details, please download the application pack below.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 6th November.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 9 November. The successful applicant(s) will be notified as soon as possible thereafter and the start date for this role is 30 November.
If you have any queries, please contact Christina Pepper at email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application.