Red Balloon of the Air
Location: Remote Online Teaching. Must be based in the UK
Hours: 40 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
Salary: £27,554 – £29,351 Per Annum
Start date: 15th April 2024 or 5th September 2024
Summary of role
Are you passionate about the beauty and power of mathematics? Do you have a strong desire to inspire and educate the next generation of problem solvers?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic mathematics teacher to join our team and help shape the future of young minds. If you’re ready to make a profound impact and share your love for mathematics with eager learners, we invite you to apply for this rewarding remote position.
As a Maths Teacher, you will be confident to deliver the core curriculum (KS3 and KS4) to our students in either 1:1 or small group setting, both online and face to face.
Many Red Balloon colleagues describe our work as the purest form of teaching they have experienced. This is because of the flexibility to start with the interests of the young person through our “negotiated curriculum”.
We are proud to be a niche provider and celebrate the flexibility this brings to our practice. Our teachers, though specialists, enjoy cross-curricular education and use every opportunity to develop a students’ love of learning.
This is a remote role, as our teaching is delivered online. You must be based in the UK and be willing to attend training and development in Cambridge as part of the induction process, and forpreplannedd training dates throughout the year. Travel and Accommodation will be paid for if and when you are required to visit the main Centre in Cambridge.
Some key responsibilities of this role include
- By negotiating the curriculum work with students 1:1 or in small groups, online or face to face to meet their learning objectives both in KS3 and to GCSE;
- Monitor student progress through regular assessment and feedback to inform future planning;
- Complete and submit registers for every session to meet commissioner requirements;
- Complete termly reports and records of achievements as required for each student and all other relevant paperwork in accordance with the required deadline submission dates or as requested;
To be considered for this role as a minimum you will need:
- Qualified to a degree level in a relevant specialist subject
- Qualified Teacher Status (Desirable) though must have relevant teaching experience
- Experience of working with Anxious and SEND young people
- Excellent IT skills and ability to deliver online and face to face lessons
You can view a full job description and person specification below.
How to Apply
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
- The deadline for applications is Sunday the 10th of March 2024.
- You will be asked on the application form which start date you would be available.
○ Interviews will be held online as soon as possible after the shortlisting date.
○ Interviews will include a mock online student interaction
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview
Red Balloon Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.