Location: Willow Lodge, Milton, Cambridge
Hours: 10 hours per week, over 5 days, 12:00pm – 2:00pm, Term Time Only
Salary: £22,672 FTE (actual £5,668)
Start Date: 17th April 2023, fixed term until July.
Summary of Role
Lunchtime is an important time for our students, this is a time when they can engage with their peers and other trusted adults which supports their social development. In order to support our students we are seeking a Lunchtime Supervisor who can be a consistent trusted adult during our lunch break period. Some of our students are happy to sit and take time on their own, and some are keen to interact, so our lunchtime break-out room is a relaxing space where our students can take time to transition from morning sessions to afternoon sessions.
This role would suit a calm, empathetic individual who is dedicated to supporting young people to develop their social skills and support them on their journey and to interact with students on their terms.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Communicate in an appropriate manner with students using the lunch space and engage in conversation, if the student chooses to engage, to aid in the students’ communication skills;
- Liaise closely with the rest of the In Centre team and feedback on any appropriate information regarding students within the lunch break-out space;
- Communicate and collaborate with colleagues across the In Centre Team and the whole organisation to ensure students receive high-quality support and input to facilitate individual progression;
- Support students by providing them with a safe and welcoming space for their breaks.
To be considered for this role as a minimum you will need:
- Experience of working with young people aged 11-21 years old;
- An understanding of adolescent development, dealing with trauma, bullying and its effects
- Knowledge of food safety and sanitation procedures;
You can view a full job description, candidate pack, and person specification below.
Role DescriptionDownload Here
Candidate PackDownload Here
Application FormApply Now
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
- The deadline for applications is midnight on the 21st March 2023
- Interviews will be held the week commencing the 27th March 2023
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview
If you would like to apply for this role, though require a different format of application, such as large print or the opportunity to submit a video application or an application via an alternative method, please contact HR and Operations Lead via email email@example.com or telephone 07878 837 902 and we would be happy to arrange an alternative application method.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon Educational Trust is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.