Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk
Number of Roles: Two
Location: 76 Earlham Road, Norwich
Hours: 24 hours per week (0.6FTE)
Role One: 6th November 2023 – 40 Hours Per Week
Role Two: 3rd January 2024 – 20 – 40 Hours Per Week
Salary: Starting between £22,762- £24,459 per annum, pro-rata, depending on qualifications and experience
Are you a dedicated Learning Mentor who thrives on actively engaging with students, providing guidance, and fostering a supportive learning environment? Whether you’re an experienced mentor with a wealth of knowledge in student development or an enthusiastic newcomer ready to make a difference in the lives of those you support, our Learning Mentor team welcomes individuals who prioritise one-on-one interaction and personalised guidance over traditional teaching methods.
At our new Centre in Norwich, Norfolk, we recognise the immense value of mentors who focus on supporting in the classroom, non-academic activities and individualised attention to help students reach their individual goals. If you are passionate about mentoring and empowering students, we invite you to explore the opportunities within our program and become a key part of our team.
At Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk, we believe that every student deserves the opportunity to thrive, and we are dedicated to providing them with the guidance and support they need to reach their individual goals.
With a maximum student number of 20, as a Learning Mentor you will support a small group of students, either 1:1 or in small groups, face-to-face, while working alongside other staff to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with, their families, and other professionals supporting them.
If you are ready to make a profound impact on the lives of our students and contribute to their wellbeing and educational we invite you to consider becoming a part of our dynamic team.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop a professional mentoring relationship with students to ensure they are supported during their time with Red Balloon;
- Facilitate wellbeing sessions, physical activities and other educational activities as required each day;
- Record progress through Red Balloon processes, systems and other agreed on assessment and tracking tools in order to effectively monitor progress;
- Collaborate with our young people to identify their personal goals and aspirations and negotiate plans to make progress towards them;
- Participate in outings and trips with the Red Balloon community;
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Experience in supporting young people and their families
- Professional qualifications, training or experience in supporting young people regarding their wellbeing or education
- Exceptional IT and Administration skills (Microsoft Office)
- Strong academic record to include a minimum GSCE Grade C or equivalent in Maths, English, Science and/or IT .
You can view a full job description and person specification below.
How to Apply
In line with safer recruitment practices, we are only able to accept applications via our application forms, which can be accessed by following the application link above. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later stage.
For more details about our recruitment and interview process, please see our recruitment pack which can be downloaded via the link above.
If you would like to apply for this role, though require a different format of application, such as large print or the opportunity to submit a video application or an application via an alternative method, please contact HR and Operations Lead via email email@example.com or telephone 07878 837 902 and we would be happy to arrange an alternative application method.
There are currently two Red Balloon Centres operating in Norfolk:
Red Balloon Educational Trust Norfolk (RBET – Norfolk) is relaunching our Earlham Road site as a new Centre, which will open in Autumn 2023 to help meet some of the demand in the area. The vacancy above is for the RBET – Norfolk Centre.
Red Balloon Norwich, which opened in 2006, moved location in 2022 and is currently located on Drayton Road. Red Balloon Norwich will not be able to answer any questions about the vacancy above as it is not for their Centre.
- The deadline for applications is Midnight Sunday 8th of October 2023.
- Interviews will be held week commencing the Week commencing 16th October 2023
- There will be a one-stage, face to face interview process.
- Candidates will be asked to discuss how they would approach a situation with a 13-old student with ASD who experiences high levels of anxiety, especially related to schoolwork and social interactions who is struggling to engage within the Centre.
- All applicants will be contacted to advise if they have been shortlisted for an interview.
Red Balloon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.