Red Balloon Learner Centre Group
Hours: 24 hours per week (0.6FTE)
Salary: £21,000 to £24,000 (pro rata) depending on experience
Red Balloon is an award-winning charity that operates a leading-edge virtual learner centre. We offer academic, wellbeing and community support to transform the lives of students (aged 9-18 years) who want to learn but have had low rates of attendance at school due to high anxiety, severe bullying, trauma or chronic stress.
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic HR Assistant to join our team. This role would suit someone who is currently in an HR Assistant role or an experienced HR Administrator who is looking to develop their skills. Red Balloon is a flexible and rewarding place to work and its office is situated in Milton, Cambridge. TOIL will be available with the option to take during the school holidays.
You will closely with the Director of Education and our Head of Centres. In particular you will support the Head of RB Air which currently employs over 50% of our total headcount. Our ambition is to continue our growth agenda which will create further opportunities for the right candidate.
Some key responsibilities of this role include:
- Take a leading role in all recruitment and selection and its administration including creating and managing adverts. Ensuring that all recruitment is conducted in line with safer recruitment practices and is transparent and fair.
- Arrange interviews with candidates, including room bookings and invites.
- Taking part in the interview panel when necessary.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of employment including appraisal, wellbeing and conduct.
- Conduct the onboarding process for new starters such as collation of all necessary ID documents and pre-employment documents (i.e. medical, data protection, qualification certificates, teachers on barred list).
- Manage and maintain the HRIS
- Ensure staff files are accurate and up to date.
To be considered for this role you will need to have:
- Level 3 CIPD qualified or working towards this
- 2 years+ experience working in an HR role
- Good understanding HR law and legislation;
- Excellent IT skills
You can view a full job description and person specification below.
Deadline for application forms is 07/12/2020
Interviews will be held in the week of 14/12/2020
Red Balloon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires the successful candidate to commit to this. The person appointed will be subjected to an enhanced DBS check.
Red Balloon is an equal opportunities employer. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, marital status.