Red Balloon Cambridge
Hours: Part time – 16 hours per week (pro rata 0.4fte based on a 40 hour week).
Salary: Salary from £23,000 depending on experience.
The purpose of this role is to teach English to students with a range of abilities and challenges from year 7 to year 11 face to face and occasionally online.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
As a member of the teaching team:
- help design and implement a personal learning programme for each student through negotiation with the student and discussion with colleagues;
- maintain records of lessons, outcomes and progress for each student;
- advise and consult with colleagues, the Coordinators and others, discussing any concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions;
- contribute to whole staff assessments of students’ social and emotional progress;
- give feedback to parents and write achievement records for students as required, and attend parents’ consultations;
To be considered for this role you will need:
- to be an experienced teacher/tutor (essential)
- English studied to A level at least or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree in English (desirable)
- Qualified Teacher Status (desirable)
For further details, please download the job description and person specification below.
Teacher of English
Teacher of English
To apply please complete an application form available at the link above. CVs are not accepted for this post.
Please email your application form including details of your suitability for this post to email@example.com or post it to
Jessica Lechner, Coordinator
Red Balloon 57 Warkworth Terrace
Any offer of employment will be subject to references and Enhanced DBS check.
CLOSING DATE for applications is Monday 9th October 2023.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified on Tuesday 10th October and will be invited to prepare two lesson plans for presentation to the panel. Interviews will be held on Friday 13th October. Please keep the interview date free.
Red Balloon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All appointments are subject to suitable references and an Enhanced DBS check.