English Teacher (Qualified or Unqualified)
Red Balloon Reading
Hours: Full-time (40hrs/week) Start 8:30am – finish 4:30pm. Staff may be expected to stay later in exceptional circumstances.
Salary: £22K – £30K (full-time equivalent) Dependent on experience and qualifications.
You will be expected to participate fully in the community of Red Balloon in order to aid the recovery of all students. In particular, the post will be responsible for planning and delivering the English curriculum. This will include supporting students’ literacy as well as preparing students to receive qualifications in English (GCSE Language and Literature, Functional Skills, Entry Level, AQA Awards, etc).
As an English Teacher you will:
- Support students’ literacy as well as prepare students in receiving qualifications
in English (GCSE Language and Literature, Functional Skills, Entry Level, AQA
- Deliver lessons face-to-face, online or hybrid (face-to-face and online at the
- Support the learning of English in a way which re-engages learners, taking into
account for their own interests;
- To prepare creative writing and literacy-based lessons for student support
assistants to deliver;
- Design and implement an individualised learning programme for each student
- Set up and maintain organised, coherent academic plans
- Set up and maintain records of achievement for each student;
- Recognise and respond to the need to provide evidence of students’ progress;
- Liaise with other staff members to plan and organise teaching and well being
- To work with the Exams Officer to ensure students are registered for the
- To work with SENCO to ensure lessons are appropriate for the ability of each
- To act as a ‘listener’ and mentor where appropriate;
- To consult with the Head of Centre or other named person regularly, discussing
any safeguarding concerns that arise and acting on any agreed decisions;
- To respond to any perceived need for in-service training.
You can view a full job description and candidate pack below.
Please download an application pack for more detailed information.
- The deadline for applications is midday on the 7th of October, 2022
- Interviews will be held the week commencing the 10th of October 2022